Wednesday, July 02, 2003

A Day of Sadness



We say "au revoir" to Wags, PhD



It is with profound sadness that I share the passing of Dr. Wags, a giant among canines.

Dr. Wags was a member of Linda and Mike's family, and it is to his credit (and my own discredit, I suppose) that I remembered meeting him at parties before I could place Mike & Linda in the same context.

He was a soothing presence at so many gatherings over the years; my first memory of him dates back to the first time I attended a Hallowe'en party at Derek's. Wags was in costume as a reverse Dalmatian, a black dog with white spots. He outshone us all.

I like to think Wags loved me as much as I loved him. To be honest, though, he--as dogs are wont to do--greeted everyone with enthusiasm, but with a quiet dignity not found in many of his species. He was the mellowest of dogs, a Zen Master of Mutts. His excellence in this field was acknowledged with an Honorary PhD, and he became known to all and sundry as Dr. Wags.

He will be sorely missed by all who knew him, and our hearts are with Linda and Mike during this difficult time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home